EFFECTIVE Date: September 2020
- When we collect information
- What personal information we collect
- What your personal information is used for
- How we protect your information
- Fraud prevention
When do we collect information?
We may collect information about you anytime you interact with us such as when you (i) access or browse the website (either in a logged in or non-logged in state), (ii) order products or services through the website, (iii) communicate with us either by e-mail, over the telephone or in any other manner, (iv) elect to participate in any of our product promotions, and (v) request information about products and services. We may also collect information from you through other marketing materials.
What information do we collect?
Information we collect is generally of two types - personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information comprises any information that can help us identify or locate an individual, including, without limitation, an individual’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and profile data.
Non-personally identifiable information comprises information that does not by itself identify an individual. This information generally includes anonymous information about an individual’s use of the Website that includes, among other things, information concerning date and time of visit, the pages of the website visited, path through the website, IP address, email address, the type of browser and type of operating system used.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs. We may send you personalized offers and product recommendations based on the data we have collected.
- To improve the website. We continually strive to improve the website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer services requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails and text messages. The email address and phone number you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. If you decide to opt-in to our email and text message mailing list(s), you will receive email and text messages that may include but not exhausted to new collections, promotions, company news, updates, related product or service information
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information through the website.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting our Customer Services team.
Do we disclose information to any outside parties?
Frederick’s of Hollywood in accordance with local privacy laws observes your right to opt out, and to have your information removed from our database at any time. To have your information removed from our database please contact email@example.com with the words OPT OUT in the subject line.
Detecting and preventing fraud.
In addition, this website collects, uses, and retains certain information about visitors to detect, prevent, and analyze fraudulent transactions. We share this information with a third party, Sift Science, Inc., that provides analysis, monitoring, and reports to assist us in preventing and detecting fraudulent transactions and other activity on the site.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on the website via links to the third-party site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance.
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of the website may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account and going to the ’Edit Profile’ page. Under California law, customers of the website who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's online privacy protection and compliance.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
As a parent or guardian, you can request us to remove personal information of your child that was submitted without your consent or by misrepresenting his or her age. At your request, we will take reasonable steps to remove such information from our database. All such requests should include the same user name, password, and email address that your child submitted and should be sent to email@example.com.
During the account sign-in process you can review, change or remove the information you have submitted. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible and encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes. You may at any time, access your information to update, modify or delete any inaccuracies by accessing your account through the website.
You may also request us to remove your account information from our databases and we will try to remove as much information as possible. However, as we generally keep information related to past transactions for our records, we may not be able to completely remove your information.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail - Frederick’s of Hollywood, 5150 E. Pacific Coast Hwy #255 - Long Beach, CA 90804, USA