- Gift Services
- Wish List
Security & Privacy
Information We Collect
We may collect information (such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, transaction information, credit card information, age, gender, and birth month and year) when you:
- Make a purchase with us at a retail store, online or by telephone;
- Save your information with us online;
- Enter your information with us online and then abandon your shopping cart;
- Subscribe to receive our emails or catalogs;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey;
- Post comments to our message boards, personal web pages, chat rooms and blogs on some of our websites (see Voluntary Posting below);
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion; or
- Visit our websites (see Cookies and Web Beacons below).
- Process, track and fulfill your order;
- Contact you about the status of your order;
- Inform you of and administer promotions, contests or sweepstakes;
- Learn about your shopping preferences and improve your shopping experience;
- Help us address problems with and improve our websites and merchandise;
- Analyze trends;
- Protect the security and integrity of our websites; or
- Contact you for other business reasons, if necessary.
Information We Share
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We contract with other companies to provide certain services, such as shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only that information needed in order for them to render the services we request and they are not entitled to use it for their own marketing or any other purpose.
- From time to time, we make our mailing list (names and postal addresses only) and general shopping activity available to reputable companies whose products we believe will be of interest to you. We do not share email addresses for this purpose. If you do not want us to share your information, please contact us.
- On rare occasion, we may disclose information upon law enforcement’s request, in response to a court order, or when required by law. We also may share information to assist in fraud investigations or as necessary to protect our rights and interests.
- In the event of a sale or merger of Frederick’s of Hollywood, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
We offer message boards, personal web pages, chat rooms and blogs on some of our websites. Any information you voluntarily disclose when you post to one of these areas becomes public and may be used by us for online and offline promotional and commercial uses. If you choose to post comments on our websites, you should be aware that any personal information you submit is public and can be read, collected, or used by other users of those areas, who may include advertisers and other commercial enterprises. We are not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information, personal or otherwise, online in any community area, such information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you use chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards or message boards, or if you post personal information online (such as your e-mail address), you may receive unsolicited messages from others. We have no control over this use of your personal information.
Making Communication Choices
If you do not wish to be contacted via email, direct mail or telephone, please let us know your preferences by contacting Customer Service. Please provide your exact name, mailing address, email address and/or telephone number so that we may identify you correctly. You may also unsubscribe from our email using the link provided in each email http://www.fredericks.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-FoH-Site/default/Page-EmailUnsubscribe. If you ask us to remove you from promotional lists, we will maintain your name on a "do not contact" list to ensure that we continue to honor your requests. Due to privacy concerns and our inability to verify individual requests and contact information, we are unable to honor "opt out" requests made by a third party on your behalf. It may take up to five business days to process your email request and, due to the fact that mailings are planned long in advance, 60 days to process your postal mail request. When you purchase online, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status via email and, if questions arise concerning your order, we may contact you via email, postal address or telephone number. If you change your mind about your choices, you may start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging onto your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our websites or stores, when you enter a contest, sweepstakes or survey, or by contacting customer service.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
To review or change the information you previously provided, log in to your account at fredericks.com. You may update stored information by clicking "Personal Info” to manage your email and account information, “Address Book” to manage your shipping destinations or “Payment Methods” to manage your payment information. Be sure to click "Save" when you complete your changes. You may also change or access this information by calling (800) 323.9525.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Your web browser offers so-called “cookies” which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. For example, cookies allow us to know that the person who added the Hollywood Exxtreme Cleavage® Bra to their basket is the same person as the one who wants the satin and lace corset. Therefore, cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser and our websites are viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features or offerings will not be available to you.
Some pages on our websites may contain electronic images known as web beacons, which are also called “single-pixel gifs”. These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to count how many messages have been opened and acted upon. Web beacons are not used to access your personal information but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about usage on our websites. Web beacons collect only a limited range of information, including the time and date of page view, cookie number and description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
We use a third-party provider to place our internet ads. The provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our websites, and your interaction with our products and services. The provider may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for merchandise and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process, meaning that your name, mailing address, email address or telephone number is not collected. If you would like more information about this practice and your option not to have this anonymous information used by our third party provider, please click here. To opt-out of Google Display Network ads, please click here.
We use a variety of technologies and processes to protect customer data. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology whenever transmitting sensitive data such as credit and debit card information. Your personal information may also be protected by the password you created when you registered at any of our websites where this feature is offered. The confidentiality of any password is yours to protect. You may change it at any time by following the instructions on the applicable website. However, absolute security can never be guaranteed. We will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond as this may be a "phishing" scam designed to steal your personal information. Email is not a secure means of communication. Never include in an email your credit card number or other sensitive information. We will only request such information during secure transactions at our fredericks.com website.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. The child’s parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected information about that child so that we may delete such information from our files.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for our direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us (see Contact Us below). In your request, please include your postal address and specify that you want a "Your Frederick’s California Privacy Rights Notice." Please allow at least 30 days for a response.
Frederick’s of Hollywood, Inc.
Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 2949
Phoenix, AZ 85062-2949
Updated: January 2014